The Basque Youth Observatory is organising a course titled 'Erotica 3.0: When at Puberty Cybersex, Sexting and Intimacy Become Pornography'. Ane Ortíz Ballesteros, a sexology expert from Incisex, a qualified teacher and equality expert by EHU, from EMAIZE Centro Sexológico-Sexologia Zentroa will be in charge of preparing and delivering the course.
The general goal of the course is to learn how the Internet and the various types of digital relationships and forms of communicating are affecting the way teenagers express themselves, communicate and relate to each other, mainly regarding sexual and erotic aspects, with a view to minimising risks.
The course will be delivered in:
- Venue: Donostia-San Sebastián. Headquarters of the CRAJ. Anoeta, 28
- Dates: 22, 29 October and 5 November 2020
- Timetable: 09:00 to 14:00
- Language: Basque
- Registration period: From 8 to 15 October 2020
- Vacancies: A maximum of 12 people
- Information leaflet. Available in Basque language and Spanish
- Identify the importance of digital media in forming identities in adolescence.
- Study the special characteristics that occur during an erotic encounter when it takes place through digital media (virtual world).
- Study the rites of courtship and seduction on social media and other online communication platforms.
- Study the factors that affect the erotic and emotional overexposure of adolescents in networks in order to intervene on them.
- Provide guidelines to educate people in the good use of Information Relation Communication Technologies with a view to minimising risks.
- Study the evolution of pornography in recent decades, as well as its massive expansion through the Internet.
- Learn about the impact that pornography has on pre-teens and offer clues to address the consumption of pornography.
- Acquire the necessary tools and guidelines to learn to use Information Relation Communication Technologies to reduce risks.
The course is free, but students must register in advance. Please note registration deadlines and the number of vacancies!
To register, please fill in the FORM which will be activated on 8 October. (Please, check your data and, if correct, click "Confirm pre-registration").
- The registration period will be from 8 to 15 October 2020.
- Vacancies: a maximum of 12 people
Profile of participants:
Priority will be given to people who work or cooperate with youths (in agencies, associations, public administrations, companies, educational centres, volunteers...) In addition, the order of registration will be taken into account.
- Men and women dedicated to youth-related issues (Youth Information, town councils, provincial councils and other entities)
- Social and family educators
- Secondary education counsellors.