Face-to-face and online option by Zoom
The Basque Youth Observatory is organising the workshop 'Preventing male violence among young people with a Beldur Barik attitude' at its Bilbao headquarters. Irati García López de Aguileta, head of educational content of the Beldur Barik Technical Secretariat, will be the person in charge of delivering the workshop. It will be a face-to-face workshop with the option of being followed via Zoom.
Beldur Barik is an inter-institutional programme for the prevention of gender and sexist violence among Basque youth (www.beldurbarik.eus). This programme, which is in its 12th edition, is managed by Emakunde and has the support of Eudel and the three Provincial Councils, as well as the collaboration of the Department of Education, the Youth Department, the UPV/EHU, and EITB.
Understanding that the origin of sexist violence is to be found in the macho culture, it is essential to transform the set of values and beliefs that sustain this model of society and culture. To contribute to this social transformation, the programme aims to promote processes of deliberation and discussion together with young people by focussing on the Beldur Barik attitude.
The Beldur Barik attitude is a set of expressions that break with the imposition of traditional models of femininity and masculinity and that highlight positive and empowering references together with proactive, creative, and transformative responses to macho violence.
- Learn basic notions about sexist and macho violence (and its specificities in youth) together with preventive approaches.
- Learn and understand the Beldur Barik Philosophy
- Learn about the Beldur Barik programme, how it works and its tools.
- Learn about the Beldur Barik 2021 educational tools.
- Delve into the main current challenges in the prevention of sexist and macho violence in youth.
- Share experiences from the perspective of preventing gender-based violence and share obstacles, difficulties, and opportunities.
- Identify best practices in the prevention of gender-based violence.
Face-to-face. Bilbao: offices of the Basque Youth Observatory. Huertas de la Villa, 11 – bajo
- Language: Basque
- Date: 22 September
- Timetable: 09:00 to 13:30.
- Face-to-face group: 12 people
- Online group (listeners): 15 people
- Registration period: 9-13 July and, if there are any places left, 1-10 September.
To register for this free course, please fill in the form which will be activated on 9 July. (Please check your data and, if correct, click “Confirm pre-registration”). If there are any vacancies, we will reopen the registration period on 1 September.
- Registration will be from 9 to 13 July and, if some vacancies are not filled, from 1 to 10 September.
- Vacancies: 12 face-to-face places and 15 listeners.
Profile of participants: Priority will be given to people who work or cooperate with young people aged 12 to 26 (in agencies, associations, public administrations, companies, educational centres, volunteers...) In addition, the order of registration will be taken into account.
- Men and women dedicated to youth-related work (youth information, town councils, provincial councils, youth and leisure associations, and other entities).
- Social and family educators.
- Secondary education counsellors.