Youth Policy. Areas of activity: Youth participation
Participation is understood as being those processes, actions and activities that enable young people to take decisions about and intervene in their environment, in their relations, in their possibilities for personal and group development, and in the circumstances that affect them either directly or indirectly in their long-term plans within part of a group.
La juventud se acota, de forma convencional a la hora de aplicar la política integral de juventud, a las personas comprendidas entre los 14 y los 30 años.
The Youth Council of Euskadi-Euskadiko Gazteriaren Kontseilua is a public law entity with its own legal status and with full capacity to achieve its aims as :
- To provide a channel that may be freely accessed to favour the participation of youth in the political, social, economic and cultural development of Euskadi.
- To spread values of freedom, peace and the defence of human rights among young people, as well as creating a favourable atmosphere for mutual rapprochement among youth of all peoples and nations.
- To be a valid interlocutor with regard to the Public Administration of the Autonomous Region of the Basque Country in everything related to issues affecting youth, relating to them via the relevant department that has competences in matters regarding youth in each institution.
- To develop any other similar aim or any aim that is deemed appropriate to the very nature of the Council itself.
The governing bodies of the Youth Council of Euskadi-Euskadiko Gazteriaren Kontseilua are the General Assembly and the Standing Committee.
- Support for annual initiatives and programmes as well as support for activities aimed at promoting youth exchange or exchange of a community nature, promoted by youth associations.
- Grants for associations for the development among young people of programmes involving education in values and the culture of peace.
- Technical advice and support for training those people in charge of and responsible for such associations.
- Promotion of exchanges with other communities and countries via the organization of exchanges for the purpose of establishing relations, the use of a data base of interlocutors from other countries and communities, the processing of European programmes and support for initiatives put forward by associations via the corresponding official announcement of grants.
- Participation by associations in the task of coordinating work camps.
- Dealing with the communication of activities with regard to Osakidetza (the Basque Health Service) and civil defence.
- Order dated 15th February 1986 issued by the Department of Culture and Tourism, whereby the census of youth associations and entities that provide services to young people from the Autonomous Región of Euskadi is created.
5.- Sole window and “Gazte aukera” portal