The course will be held in Bilbao, at the Basque Youth Observatory headquarters on 2, 9 and 16 February 2022. The registration period is from 12 to 20 January 2022
The Basque Youth Observatory is organising a course titled 'Inclusion of People with Functional Diversity (Disability) in Activities, Programmes and Services for Young People'. The course will be given by Ruth San Cristóbal and Itziar Sánchez, coordinators of the Amesten Association.
The purpose of this course is to train social intervention professionals, municipal experts, leisure time monitors and educational staff who have contact with young people and want to acquire a broad perspective on the inclusion of young people with functional diversity in leisure and free time spaces.
The various sessions will include a historical overview of the situation of people with disabilities at a social level and their limitations, barriers and achievements in everyday life.
The inclusive working methodology used in community youth spaces will be explained. Finally, specific cases will be discussed to consolidate the theoretical aspects studied, emphasising the importance of support and counselling in daily educational work.
- Provide a conceptual framework on functional diversity.
- Introduce the existing legislation and powers in the field of disability.
- Learn about a specific inclusive methodology in municipal youth services.
- Acquire the skills and guidelines to work with people with functional diversity in inclusive environments.
- Share cases and experiences to generate collective knowledge on the intervention strategies carried out.
- Raise the awareness of participants regarding the importance of their role in building inclusive spaces and services.
The course will be held in:
Bilbao, headquarters of the Basque Youth Observatory. Huertas de la Villa, 11 bajo.
Dates: 2, 9 and 16 February 2022
Timetable: from 09:00 to 13:30
Registration period: 12 to 20 January 2022
The course is free, but participants must register in advance. Please note registration deadlines and the number of vacancies!
To register, please fill in the following FORM which will be activated on 12 January. (Please check your data and, if correct, click “Confirm pre-registration”).
- The registration period will be from 12 to 20 January 2022.
- Places: a maximum of 16 people
Profile of participants: Priority will be given to people who work or cooperate with young people in agencies approved by the European Solidarity Corps (agencies, associations, public administrations, companies, educational centres, volunteers...). In addition, the order of registration will be taken into account.
- Men and women dedicated to youth-related work (Youth Information, town councils, provincial councils and other entities)
- Social and family educators
- Secondary education counsellors.