The Basque Youth Observatory will once again start with attendance-based courses from September. The maximum capacity will be 12 people and safety measures will be guaranteed.
On September 23rd we will start the autumn activities with the course Online gaming, gambling, social media... Addictions or legend?" which will be given by ORTZADAR staff. Estibaliz Ansotegi Guruziaga, who holds a degree in psychology, is the coordinator of the health and addiction prevention programme of Ortzadar, and will be the person responsible for delivering the course.
The course will be imparted in:
- Venue: Bilbao. Headquarters of the OVJ (Basque Youth Observatory). Huertas de la Villa, 11 – bajo.
- Dates: 23, 30 September and 7 October 2020
- Timetable: 10:00 to 14:00
- Language: Basque language
- Registration period: from September 2 to 11, 2020
- Information leaflet. Available in Basque language and Spanish
- Provide social agents with information and training on the risks linked to gambling (especially sports bets and online games) and social networks.
- Offer objective information on the possible risks that these games and social networks may pose.
- Offer strategies that will encourage self-care behaviours.
- Promote awareness among the participants on the importance of their role in promoting preventive messages.
The course is free, but students must register in advance. Please note registration deadlines and the number of vacancies!
To register, please fill in the following FORM which will be activated on 2 September. (Please, check your data and, if correct, click "Confirm pre-registration").
- The registration period will be from September 2 to 11, 2020
- Vacancies: maximum 12
Profile of participants:
Priority will be given to people who work or cooperate with youths (in agencies, associations, public administrations, companies, educational centres, volunteers...) In addition, the order of registration will be taken into account.
- Men and women dedicated to youth-related issues (Youth Information, town councils, provincial councils and other entities)
- Social and family educators
- Secondary education counsellors.